Learning at KIS
Welcome to the KIS Curriculum
INSPIRING ACTIVE LEARNERS, DEVELOPING GLOBAL CITIZENS
Active Learning is….
- ... a Dynamic relationship and interactions between teachers, students, and the environment
- ... designed to be Challenging to push learners beyond their abilities
- ...Engaging for students and focused on issues that are relevant
- ... develops knowledge, character, and skills in a growth minded and Positive manner
- ... planned to be Intentional, inspiring, and purposeful
- ... a Collaborative effort with students learning to be constructive members of a community
Global Citizens ....
- … are aware of the wider world and have a sense of their own role as a world citizen
- … are respectful of and value diversity
- … have an understanding of how the world works
- … are committed to progressing social injustices
- … participates in the community at a range of levels, from the local to the global
- … are willing to act to make the world a more equitable and sustainable place
- … take responsibility for their actions
How to use this site
On the top of the page you will find links to the various curriculum outcomes at KIS. Please click on the subject area and then choose the grade you interested in viewing. All of our learner outcomes are posted here. If you have any specific questions, please contact your child's teacher, the PYP Coordinator, or the Principal.